GREEN MOUNTAIN JUNIOR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
Green Mountain Junior Football Association is a non-profit organization with limited funding for scholarship athletes. However, the Green Mountain Junior Football Association Board of Directors will try their best to provide assistance to qualified applicants. Please apply as soon as possible prior to the start of the spring season. A deadline of 30 days before the first games will be enforced for submission and is solely at the discretion of the Green Mountain Junior Football Association Board of Directors. All scholarship applications must be submitted by the deadline.
****IN ORDER TO PROVIDE AS MANY SCHOLARSHIPS TO FAMILIES IN NEED IN OUR COMMUNITY, AN ATHLETE/FAMILY MAY NOT RECEIVE MORE THAN TWO CONSECUTIVE FULL SCHOLARSHIPS.****
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- The athlete MUST be eligible to participate in a Green Mountain Junior Football.
- Parents/Guardians of the athlete commit that the athlete will attend a minimum of 80% of all scheduled practices and games. If this commitment is not met, the scholarship will be revoked and the athlete will become INELIGIBLE to practice or play in games with his/her team.
- Parents/Guardians/Athlete will volunteer time at TWO Green Mountain Junior Football Association events (tournaments, office work, game monitor or any other area that Green Mountain Junior Football Association might require volunteer help in).
- Athlete's family account with Green Mountain Junior Football Association must be in good standing and have no past due balances.
- Athlete's family DOES NOT need to be receiving government assistance in order to submit an application. The required Statement of Financial Hardship should state the reason why a family is applying for a scholarship.
- Statement of Financial Hardship written by athlete's parent/guardian.
- Written recommendation by school representatives, social workers, community center youth workers, or other Social Services workers. (NOT REQUIRED, BUT HELPFUL)
- If applicable, proof of receipt of assistance from government programs such as Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, Free/Reduced School Lunch, etc......PLEASE PROVIDE COPIES OF PROOF OF ENROLLMENT/ACCEPTANCE IN ALL APPLICABLE PROGRAMS.
- The parent/guardian of the athlete MUST read and sign the TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATEMENT.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications must be submitted to the Green Mountain Junior Football Association Board of Directors by the deadline for the season. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ***Applications must be mailed or physically handed to the Green Mountain Junior Football Association President. We must have original signatures. Emailed/Scanned copies will not be accepted.***
- The application must be 100% completed and contain the Statement of Financial Hardship, supporting documentation if applicable, and the signed Terms and Conditions Statement. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Approval/Denial of all scholarship applications and the dollar amount awarded is at the sole discretion of the Green Mountain Junior Football Association Board of Directors.
****If a partial scholarship is awarded to an athlete's family, and a payment plan is offered to help with the completion of the payment of the remaining balance, the family must adhere to the approved payment plan. If payments are not made ON TIME and for the AGREED UPON AMOUNT, the scholarship will be revoked and the athlete will become INELIGIBLE to practice or play in games with his/her team.****
If you have any questions email the GMJFA President @ [email protected] Our mailing address is , PO Box 151246 Lakewood, Colorado 80215.
***Green Mountain Junior Football Association does not discriminate on the basis of color, age, sex, sexual orientation, or race.***
GMJFA Scholarship Application